Chatswood Addiction Recovery Central logo

Call Us on 1300 88 37 48


our services

Individual Counselling
We provide experienced and professional one-on-one counselling services. A clinician will initially meet with you and provide a thorough assessment which usually takes approximately an hour and a half. Together with you they will then work out a plan of action which may include further ongoing counselling sessions with the same clinician. We are experienced at dealing with a wide range of issues including: alcohol misuse and binge drinking, quitting cigarette smoking, illicit drug use, gambling, as well as problematic online and internet use. We also are able to help people facing DUI / drink driving charges and provide court reports for the same. We are able to deal with underlying or accompanying issues such as depression, anxiety, trauma and grief.  Our psychologists are legally registered with the national registration board, the Psychology Board of Australia (similar to how medical practitioners must be registered) and also with the Australian Psychological Society. This ensures that they are competent and follow a strict Code of Conduct.


Our experienced Group Facilitator provides relaxation and education groups for both clients and corporate customers, including school and educational settings.

Supervision / Peer Consultation

Our senior clinician is able to provide both individual and group supervision to other Psychologists and Health Professionals working or interested in the alcohol and drug field.

Fees and Referral

Although a referral is not required to access our service, we recommend getting one from your GP or treating doctor if you are wanting to claim a Medicare Rebate under the Better Access Scheme. Your referring doctor will review how you are progressing after the first six sessions. The Better Access initiative covers people with disorders arising from:

Alcohol use disorder
Anxiety disorders
Adjustment disorder
Attention deficit disorder
Bereavement disorder
Bipolar disorder
Conduct disorder
Co-occurring anxiety and depression
Drug use disorder
Eating disorders
Obsessive compulsive disorder
Panic disorder
Phobic disorder
Posttraumatic stress disorder
Psychotic disorders
Sexual disorders
Sleep problems

To obtain a referral, make an appointment with your GP and inform them that you require them to complete a Mental Health Care Plan. Please contact us should you require help with this process.

© Copyright 2015 Recovery Central, All Rights Reserved